Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Flowering Pot

There is a deeper beauty in a flowering pot than in a gardening hose.
Somehow the one additional step of using the garden hose to fill the tin flowering pot makes you feel more connected to the flower itself.

As I watered the tomato plants this afternoon I caught my mind daydreaming back to a time in Taos, New Mexico, where I was surrounding by nothing but sage bushes and the greenest roughage I had ever seen. With a dog who went by the name of "Brown Dog Chicken Brown Dog", sniffing my feet begging to be pet, as I nourished the exotic flower beds with the water from a Flowering Pot, around a stranger's plantation.

It was a surreal moment. And yet natural and obvious.

Always use a flowering pot. It will cheer it up. Try it sometime.





No comments:

Post a Comment