Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kristin Jones


Since 2005 I have had a stream of very good friends that have temporarily relocated to the bay
area, making visits here so much more enjoyable.

Yesterday I met Kristin in Golden Gate Park. 8th and Fulton.

Kristin is beautiful. I've known her since college years. Todd started dating this girl that was "so cool", and he was excited to have us meet her.
I don't think I will ever forgot our first meeting. We were walking from Stone House towards campus and Kristin was coming from Maplewood towards the Science Center. We were going to meet in the middle.
She was riding a skateboard. And carrying with her a huge smile. She was a bit unsteady on the board and about 3/4 of the way across the turf field, she bit it, laughing.

I decided I liked her.

Our relationship has changed through the years. First she was my best friend's girlfriend, and therefore obviously my friend... then slowly she transitioned into being "my" friend.

She is beautiful and creative. I enjoy our infrequent visits a great deal. She is one of those people that is really easy to be with. Someone you are always learning more about.

Yesterday we walked 3.14 miles through Golden Gate Park, making our way straight to the ocean.
During our walk I realized that we are much more similar than I ever realized.

We are all searching. We are all figuring life out.
Deciding what our hobbies are, as we change and grow.
Finding things that satisfy our minds and bodies, as we evolve.
Looking for safe places to sit and call home.
Accepting the things that come into our life.

There was nothing I would have rather done than walk 9 miles to the ocean and back with Kristin Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment