Friday, March 2, 2012

"There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." -Thich Nhat Hanh



I am home.
Again.
This time around I have a contractual obligation to stay put, for at least a year. Jesse, my wonderful roommate has given me verbal permission to leave if need be, which mitigates some of the internal committal fears I have, yet somehow also fuels my desire to build a little home. 
We moved on Saturday. It was a physically demanding and emotionally lonely move.
The entire week as a whole has been bizarre. My super annoying type A/psycho OCD tendencies have been in full force. I unpacked every box before 10:00 pm and had the kitchen entirely put together on the day of the move. I have been constantly questioning and pondering every friendship/relationship I am in, challenging my career path, and reprioritizing my desires. I generally don't go more than 4 hours before questioning my sanity. My type A skin is not flattering on me. Something is brewing and I haven't a clue what it could be.

Jesse is a perfect housemate. We love each other. We thoroughly enjoy spending evenings in each other's company. And equally enjoy having the home to ourselves. Jesse, Gwendolyn the kitten, and I are making a lovely little home together despite being sans trashcan or dish drainer.

A new chapter begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment