Saturday, June 4, 2011

Karma Karma Karma Karmacameleon

Karma.
We throw that word around often, perhaps without a full understanding of it's significance. Or perhaps it is just as basic as gravity that we don't even notice it after awhile.

I often say to things like, "I'm not going to get upset about that, Karma will run it's course."
That's a phrase I used quite a bit during the "oh my friend is sleeping with my ex boyfriend" stage.

However I do not think I've ever sat and thought, oh that was a result of Karma....?

I love music. Metro rides go quicker with songs. Walking through cities hand selecting the soundtracks of my life makes for interesting experiences. I love laying in bed and listening to music. I love going to a bar or drum circle and listening/dancing to live music.
So when Eileen had her ipod stolen and was going to be in South America without a small device that could pump music into her soul, I sadly knew I had to give her mine. I could not leave my friend without song.

I spent an evening thoughtfully hand selecting her new playlist and sent her off with this music projecting device.

I have thought on and off about getting a new ipod, but finally decided against it as I am trying to save and pinch my every penny right now.

Last night, after a lovely evening of jazz you couldn't really hear in the sculpture garden, sitting and conversing with 15-20 random strangers I ran into my friend Ben. Ben directed me to the blanket where several other of our friends were sitting and as the night progressed I moved on with my old friends and left the new behind.

Upon arriving to Tiffany's adam's morgan apartment, she threw an ipod at me and said, "Do you want this? I'm getting rid of it."

WHO just gives away ipods?!

So this morning I sit and type while listening to a not yet synced ipod. Yo Yo Ma, Beirut, Bjork, Ms. Apple, and Sufjan fill my morning today.

Thank you Tiffany and Universe for my new ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment