Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bucket List Addition

There are many things I would like to do, many places I would like to see, and many people I would like to meet during this lifetime. It seems the more I live, the less I plan for the adventures. Some of my most memorable, magical experiences were the unplanned, unexpected adventures. I've never quite known what to do with the traditional "bucket list". You see,  I operate under the assumption/belief that I can do whatever I want to do, and what I chose is the right thing to do. Essentially the whole world is on my bucket list. I try my very best to maximize every moment no matter where I may be, what I may be doing or with whom I may be with; I suppose my goal is to be present in this moment, despite knowing I want to see the whole world over. However when I stumbled across these glass igloos, I knew they were a must.

Hotel Kakslauttanen is in the vicinity of Urho Kekkonen National Park in Finland. They have 40 first-class log cabins, including five queen suites, one honeymoon turf chamber and one traditional Lappish farmer log house. Each cabin comes with its own peaceful garden area. If you are a sauna lover, as I am, you may enjoy the world’s largest smoke sauna, equipped with its own restaurant, the main building log house restaurant, two exotic Lapishtent restaurants and a charming snow restaurant.
Now obviously, the deepest draw to this place are their unique futuristic glass igloos! Supposedly you can view the northern lights while being in the comfort of a "normal" room temperature under the glass ceiling.

Imagine falling asleep in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment