Saturday, April 23, 2011

Destination unknown.


It's about time to leave my west coast, at least for just a little while.
This week I accomplished:
Homemade peach onion sauce, 6 or 7 job applications, revamped cover letter (thanks to Beth for her mad editing skills), approximately 30 miles of walking... off the hundreds of crab legs I ate in Vegas, quality time with four wonderful friends, sleeping in every single morning, hardcore dog cuddling, and a few other things.

I'm not very excited to go back to DC. My first idea back in December, of having DC be a temporary landing spot was what feels most right.
So I picked a departure date, with some flexibility. June 11-16.

Destination still unknown.
I have mixed emotions about this. Sometimes it makes my stomach turn upside down to think about, other times it feels quite refreshing.

Insanity?
Sanity?
or Freesanity?


A good friend and a pretty special person in my life, once told me, "you need to open that heart up, that way things can flow in and out more easy and there is no unpleasantness."

Sometimes I sit with this thought and ponder how to do that.

There are a couple things I've been holding onto that I'm not open enough to share on a virtual blog. But those 3 things, which can actually be squeezed into one, weigh heavy on me, making it hard to feel open to let things in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment