Thursday, April 21, 2011

Noses are for smelling




Yesterday I took an after dinner walk, I love after dinner walks almost, no, maybe more than I love cooking dinner. After dinner walks are a must have in my life.
We took Pipa the dog with us. Destination: FroYo

On our way to Shattuck St from the house on Allston Way, I was whelmed by the beauties of Berkeley.
Baby gerber(like) daisies of golds, purples, pinks, oranges, and reds.
Plots of ivy growing around isolated rose bushes.
Red fairy dusters kissing yellow buttercups peaking through wooden fences. I was utterly mesmerized.
I wasn't able to take more than a couple steps without stopping, admiring and absorbing the beauty.

We made it to our destination and I got my froyo. A mix of vanilla bean, red velvet, mango, blueberry, and cheesecake topped with chocolate reeces... surprising tasty.

Our walk home was filled with night sky.

I quickly realized that I had all my energy focusing on observing the beauty that I completely missed the scents that these flowers produced.

Going back to Allston Way, I let my nose lead me.

It was incredible to experience how my senses compensate for the temporary loss of others. My nose took over.

No comments:

Post a Comment