Thursday, April 21, 2011

Walk this way.


So the whole purpose of this silly blog is to have a space to process through thoughts. I have so many of them; some are connected to feelings or emotions, others are fleeting, some are about important things, while others are triggered by a passerby.

During my walk today I thought about several reoccurring thoughts.

1) Walking is my time to find clarity and process.

2) I am a walker.

I often think that I need more hobbies, I need to be better at things, I need to do more... etc. Which is maybe something that drives my adventurous side. or drives me crazy.

Today I found comfort in realizing that one of my favorite hobbies is walking. I'm a good walker. I could walk for hours. With a dog by my side, with a friend to converse with, or by myself. I love to walk on beaches, or in cities, up mountains, in residential neighborhoods, through zoos, in Peru or in Berkeley. I like to walk to get froyo or to meet friends for dinner. However, I do not like to walk to moving statues.

I get to see new things. Hear conversations. Attach music to my thoughts. Experience new places. See the ins and outs of cities and towns. Meet people...

I am good at some things. And even if some don't consider walking to be a hobby, I do. Walking is one of my greatest skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment