Thursday, April 14, 2011

What if?


I have one particular person in my life that is more than a bff. She has seen my darkest and brightest sides and has held my hand through all of it. Oftentimes when we are together I think we should be comedians. Probably we shouldn't be. But our humor combined is like a whirlwind of amazingness. She likes to eat a pancake and one fried egg(on top of each other) with light syrup for breakfast. She knows exactly how many calories are in most of the foods she eats. She likes to be right about most things. I drive her nuts. I am never allowed to let her give me an IQ test ever again. (our friendship was compromised the last time that happened.) We often carve pumpkins when we are together. She answers my phone calls. Even if I call 4 times a day. (only on special occassions does that happen.)

She is constant, strong, wise, and beautiful.



She likes to share thoughts with me.

"What if you are a person (or some animal, i know you don't want to be a person) running after leaves, which are possibly carrying seeds, as they float back and forth to the ground from very high heights. I've thought quite a bit about this metaphor. I've thought about 1. What you might obtain by actually catching a leaf; 2. What the leaves/seeds are; 3. The consequences, good and bad, of focusing on leaves; 4. What you might obtain from running for leaves and; 5. What you might miss while focused on leaves."

I've also thought of potential answers to the self help questions listed above =) but I'll let you mull it over for yourself because you like to do that kind of thing."


Ok Beth, I'm mulling. Am I taking time to smell the roses?



No comments:

Post a Comment