Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Think Seed.



During a meditation I visualized myself as a leaf. I am not attached to one or any particular tree. Sometimes I sit in magnolia trees, sometimes in pines.
I can only sit for so long before I'm blown out of the tree by a powerful gust of wind.
If I wanted to be a leaf, this might be satisfying.
But I keep trying to be a tree.
To find a place to grow roots.

I find myself unsettled, searching, and confused. No direction. Unable to locate my North Star.

I bounced this idea off a handful of good friends.
Two offered insight and clarification.

"Don't think leaf. Think seed," one said.

Today I start to think seed.
In every place I'm blown, I leave a seed. If I blow away again, hopefully I leave seeds behind that can start to take root.

Time to put on a new lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment