Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Disconnection




Vegas is stupid.
In a bizarre way it reminded me a bit of Black Rock City, in the sense that something that wasn't there can so quickly be built up out of nothing.
However the major observable difference is that most people in BRC have a deep connectedness to the earth, whereas in Las

Vegas, I don't think people know what the earth is.

I do not believe I've ever seen so much fake. Fake canals, fake boobs, fake Eiffel tower, fake Colosseum, fake Celine Dion... It's a synthetic city.

Smoke, money, sex, plastic, lights, water.

But thank you Oprah for this experience. I'm glad I had the chance to form an opinion about this dessert city.

And thank you for your generosity. I don't mean to be unappreciative, the hotel room was rad. And we four had a blast with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment