Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dupont vs. Belsize Park


In 2004 I spent a week stuck in London.

I went to London without a ticket back to the US and as a poor college student I waited for the cheapest ticket. $400 one way to DC 7 days after my arrival.

Great! Except I obviously wasn't smart enough to do the math to calculate how much it would cost to live in London for a week (It was more than $400).

I was recommended a hostel in Belsize Park by a Canadian boy that I kissed in the airport. (that's another entry for later)

I spent a wonderful 7 days frolicking the streets of London by myself and with my new friends from the hostel.
Some evenings, after olives and stellas at the corner cafe, I would often walk the neighborhoods and peek into open windows.

Dupont Circle isn't that different from my quaint Belsize Park.

Observable differences:
Dupont has less children playing in the streets and in living rooms.
Dupont has less people at home and more televisions turned on.


No comments:

Post a Comment