Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Arlington.

I found magic today.

I don't know Arlington well, as I've never had a need to. I prefer to be in DC and therefore have spent little time in the outskirts of the city.

I started walking not knowing where I was going. I followed a bike path for about half a mile and ended up in a lush green land of trees, flowers, wooden benches and cool breezes. I think I even heard a stream somewhere, (very likely could have been conjured up in my imagination.)

I was intrigued by my findings. I didn't know such loveliness existed in the suburbs. Am I delusional?

At one point, in a true stalker's fashion, I stopped to watch a gentleman playing his piano. He was cozy in his living room, I was on the sidewalk. I stood there long enough for this man to sense my presence and give me odd looks. Crazy? yes.
Then, it's true, I swang on a tire swing in someone's yard. I had to. I lacked impulse control. I saw it and I envisioned men in tights dancing to a melodious fairy tale tune prancing around in synchronized rhythm, if I were to actually have a swing at it. So I did. And that's when I realized, perhaps I am crazy.

As I tried to find my way back home I remembered how lovely it feels to be lost. Even if it's in Arlington.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... What would I think if I saw a stranger on my tire swing? I'm not sure I would be too amused. I love your guts girl!

    ReplyDelete